§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that refers to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behav-ior.
(2) Responsible pursuant to Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the Ravensburger Verlag GmbH (please see the legal notice
for our contact address). Should you have questions, comments, or criticism about data protection, or if you wish to assert your rights described below, please contact us at email@example.com
. You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
or using our postal address with the addition “The data protection officer.”
(3) If you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we save the data you give us (your e-mail address, if applicable your name, and your phone number) so that we can answer your questions. We erase the data collected in this context when it is no longer necessary to save it, or limit its processing if statutory data storage regulations apply.
(4) If we use service providers for individual functions of our offer, or if we wish to use your data for ad-vertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the processes involved here. We also inform you there about the storage duration criteria that apply.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
– Right to request,
– Right to rectification or erasure,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to object to processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you visit our website simply to find out information, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data your browser sends to our server. If you view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for the display of our website and for us to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6, Para. 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of access
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the access (concrete page accessed)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volume transferred
– Website from which the access originates
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the above data, cookies are saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and associated with the browser you use. They provide certain information to the body which places the cookie (in this case our company). Cookies can-not execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make websites generally more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies. Their scope and how they function is explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Included in this type in particular are session cookies. They store a so-called session ID which enables the allocation of various inquiries of your browser to the joint session. This means your computer is recognized again when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time. This time can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings to your wishes and e.g. reject the storage of third-party cookies or all cookies. However, please note that if you deactivate cookies you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) Apart from using our website merely to find information, you can also use various services. For this, you usually need to provide further personal data that we use to provide the service. The data processing principles stated above also apply here.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. We select these service provid-ers carefully and commit them to observe our instructions. We regularly check their compliance.
(3) Furthermore, we can pass your personal data on to third parties if we offer participation in cam-paigns, prize draws, conclusions of contracts, or similar services together with these partners. You will receive further information about this when you enter your personal data or, if the offer is described in more detail in this data protection declaration, below.
(4) If our service provider or partner is based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this when you enter your personal data or, if the offer is de-scribed in more detail in this data protection declaration, below.
§ 5 Objection or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have issued your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Once you have issued this revocation, it affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data by us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests (Art. 6, Para. 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR), you can object to this processing. This is the case when processing the data is especially not nec-essary for fulfilling a contract with you. We describe this in the following description of functions. If you express such an objection, we request that you give us the reasons why you do not wish us to process your personal data as we normally do. After you have submitted your objection with reasons, we will examine the circumstances and will either cease or alter the data processing, or explain to you our com-pelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process the data.
(3) Of course you can object the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection of processing for advertising purposes using the contact data given in § 1 (2).