Data protection declaration
As of: October 2019
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Person-al data is all data that refers to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) Responsible pursuant to Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the Ravens-burger Spieleverlag GmbH (please see the legal notice [LINK] for our contact address). Should you have questions, comments, or criticism about data protection, or if you wish to assert your rights described below, please contact us at email@example.com. You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our postal address with the addition “The data protection officer.
(3) If you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we save the data you give us (your e-mail address, if applicable your name, and your phone number) so that we can answer your questions. We erase the data collected in this context when it is no longer necessary to save it, or limit its processing if statutory data storage regulations apply.
(4) If we use service providers for individual functions of our offer, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the processes involved here. We also inform you there about the storage duration criteria that apply.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
– Right to request,
– Right to rectification or erasure,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to object to processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our pro-cessing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you visit our website simply to find out information, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data your browser sends to our server. If you view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for the display of our website and for us to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6, Para. 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR): – IP address – Date and time of access – Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) – Content of the access (concrete page accessed) – Access status/HTTP status code – Data volume transferred – Website from which the access originates – Browser – Operating system and its interface – Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the above data, cookies are saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and associated with the browser you use. They provide cer-tain information to the body which places the cookie (in this case our company). Cookies cannot execute pro-grams or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make websites generally more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies. Their scope and how they function is explained be-low:
– TransienteCookies (see b)
– Persistent Cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Included in this type in particular are session cookies. They store a so-called session ID which enables the allocation of various inquiries of your browser to the joint session. This means your computer is recognized again when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time. This time can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings to your wishes and e.g. reject the storage of third-party cook-ies or all cookies. However, please note that if you deactivate cookies you may not be able to use all the func-tions of this website.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) Apart from using our website merely to find information, you can also use various services. For this, you usually need to provide further personal data that we use to provide the service. The data processing principles stated above also apply here.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. We select these service providers carefully and commit them to observe our instructions. We regularly check their compliance.
(3) Furthermore, we can pass your personal data on to third parties if we offer participation in campaigns, prize draws, conclusions of contracts, or similar services together with these partners. You will receive further infor-mation about this when you enter your personal data or, if the offer is described in more detail in this data protection declaration, below.
(4) If our service provider or partner is based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this when you enter your personal data or, if the offer is described in more detail in this data protection declaration, below.
§ 5 Objection or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have issued your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Once you have issued this revocation, it affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data by us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests (Art. 6, Para. 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR), you can object to this processing. This is the case when processing the data is especially not necessary for ful-filling a contract with you. We describe this in the following description of functions. If you express such an objection, we request that you give us the reasons why you do not wish us to process your personal data as we normally do. After you have submitted your objection with reasons, we will examine the circumstances and will either cease or alter the data processing, or explain to you our compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process the data.
(3) Of course you can object the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection of processing for advertising purposes using the contact data given in § 1 (2).
§ 6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Ana-lytics uses so-called cookies – text files saved on your computer that enable an analysis of your use of the web-site. Usually, the information on your use of this website generated by the cookie is saved to a Google server in the USA. However, if you enable IP anonymization on this website, Google will first truncate your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other states which have signed the European Economic Area Agreement. Only in exceptional cases will Google transfer the full IP address to a Google server in the USA and truncate it there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google uses this information to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with other services associated with use of the website and the internet.
(2) The IP address transferred by your browser to Google Analytics is not associated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can choose settings in your browser software to prevent cookies being saved for Google Analytics; however we must point out that you may then not be able to fully use all the functions of this website. Fur-thermore, you can prevent the transfer to Google of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and in-stalling the browser plug-in available under this link: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Rechtsgrundlage für die Nutzung von Google Analytics ist Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO.http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” function. This ensures IP addresses are trun-cated before they are processed, which rules out personal identification. Therefore, if the data collected about you enables personal identification, it is immediately excluded and the personal data erased.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website so we can regularly improve it. Applying the statistics gained in this way, we can improve our offer and make the website more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6, Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.(6) Information about the third party: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, data protection overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.